Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Retra LSD on this mornings dive

Started by Chris Kippax ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Retra LSD on this mornings dive

6 posts
  1. I took out the Retra LSD snoot for a dive at The Pipeline at Nelson Bay NSW Australia this morning. As others have stated it is a steep learning curve but can turn shots that would be no more than a recording photo with a cluttered background into something more artistic. I just went with one Ikelite ds160 mounted on the left to minimise the task loading. Fortunately with the ds160 you can see the modeling light through the viewfinder to assist with aiming. Visibility was around 5meters with a lot of suspended particulate. The LSD was excellent for managing the backscatter and I would not of been able to make this image with out it. Build quality is excellent and a very worthwhile purchase.

    Juvenile Pterealidia semperi Nudibranch 25mm long, subsee +5 diopter with no masks installed in the snoot.

     

    post-54742-0-29922300-1553159170_thumb.jpeg

  2. very nice photo Chris!

     

    what camera/lens etc. did you use?

     

    Wolfgang

  3. Yep, lovely pic, Chris. Well done.

  4. Thanks for the kind words!

     

    I was using a Canon 5dmkii and 100mm macro

    Edited by Chris Kippax
  5. Here is another shot from the same dive. Not sure why but I posted this from my phone and it made the shot under exposed.

    This critter was around 3 inches long and sat not far off the substrate.post-54742-0-72075800-1554016594_thumb.jpeg

    Edited by Chris Kippax
  6. Very nice! I've been shooting with the Retra LSD for over 2 years now and I am hooked, I only shoot macro now with the snoot.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.