I´ve just became aware of a "new" Photoshop feature called "Adobe Camera Raw Enhance Details"
According to Petapixel "Adobe claims that Enhance Details increases the resolution of both Bayer and X-Trans sensor cameras by up to 30%, improving both the fine detail rendering and the reproduction of fine colors."
I am struggling to see any difference in my files (Nikon D850), let alone a 30% increase in resolution.
Has anyone have a different experience? Any tips on how it would be more effective?
Thanks
Marcelo Krause
I recently took in a webinar from Laura Shoe on the differences from LR6 to LR Classic where she talked about Enhance Details in LR Classic. I also saw an article (can't find it) on how the Fujitsu X-Trans sensor differs from others. Basically, most sensors have evenly distributed pixels for each of RGB and X-Trans organizes groups of RGB pixels together. My understanding is that Enhance Detail is not suppose to make much of a difference for Nikon sensors.
All the testing that's been done suggests the difference is nil for bayer sensor images and indeed it can introduce some odd artifacts. Don't bother.
Yeah, same for Canon. At least for my 5D mk4. I didn't see any difference.