Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

A rough day in Cozumel

Started by dalenvigil ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

A rough day in Cozumel

3 posts
  1. Had a rough couple days in Cozumel a couple months ago. Arrive on the island only to find out that my S&S TTL controller is D-E-D dead. Coupled with a hurricane passing by, we lost dive days and had to deal with some sporty currents, but at least had a little natural light.

     

    These aren't great, but considering the odds stacked against, they came out alright. I got a bunch more, but didn't want to flood the forum as a new poster.

     

    All images with were with a 5d3 in a Sea & Sea housing w/dome, 16-35 2.8L, no strobes so wide open aperture which unfortunately screws my DOF. I really don't like the way images look on the 5d3 at high ISO, so I opted for the DOF hit. Sadly the selfie is probably the best photo I got the whole week.

     

    ETA: Tried using imgur to keep the files off Wetpixel. Are imgur links not allowed? I was trying to save bandwidth on the site but I guess it's not possible to do that here?

    post-92360-0-07135800-1554711526_thumb.jpg

    post-92360-0-79038800-1554711532_thumb.jpg

    post-92360-0-45238900-1554711540_thumb.jpg

    post-92360-0-94981000-1554711547_thumb.jpg

  2. Nice shots. I would try bumping up the contrast and clarity in a few of these shots to see where that gets me. The top two lack a little definition in my opinion.

     

    That or play with the dehaze tool in lightroom as well.

  3. Try the Sea and Sea Internal Correction Lens. You'd be amazed how much those corners improve, even wide open.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.