5d3 with 16-35 2.8L is my current underwater setup. It's the only place it gets used.
A7R3 is my primary land camera. Canon 1Dx for other stuff.
Question is, do I sell the 5d3 and housing/dome port and get a housing for the Sony? I'm thinking I don't need 3 cameras.....
I'm not sure if it's possible to use the Sony with the Canon lens underwater as I'd need an extension that takes into account the Canon lens plus the Metabones adapter. To be honest I haven't looked, I'm not even sure where I'd need to start to figure out if it's feasible. The alternative is to pick up a Sony lens, either the 16-35 2.8, which I'm not super keen on as the entire front element moves, or the 12-24 4.0, which may be too wide for a large dome.
I could still probably get a couple grand for the 5d3 and S&S housing/dome, although I doubt I could pay for the Sony equivalents straight out with the sale, even with extras.
I'm not really into macro so sticking with wide-angle for now, shallow reef or caves are the most likely subjects.
Any thoughts or suggestions?