Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Using Oly C750uz with Epoque 150DS

Started by Peter_S. ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Using Oly C750uz with Epoque 150DS

1 posts
  1. Using Oly C750uz with Epoque 150DS

    Help appreciated!

     

    I have an Olympus C750uz with PT018 housing and a borrowed ES150DS strobe with arm and fibre optic connector.

     

    Any tips on how to set this lot up. My previous experience is limited but I used Aperture priority with fill in flash from the camera and some results (shallow water) were o.k. I'm thinking either M or A but any rules of thumb for the flash greatly appreciated.

     

    Also another daft newbie question with the strobe on the arm I assume it needs to be angled diagonaly across the cameras axis but at how acute an angle? Will the cameras built in flash cast a shadow because of the strobe slave sensor and why does the focus light seem to trigger the strobe? I thought it was IR and the slave shouldn't trigger.

     

    Many thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.