Back in March it took a dive trip to Central Sulawesi to Tompotika Dive lodge. One of the great things about this destination is it's the only dive operator in the area so it's just you and your friends on each dive site! Sites are varied from Raja Ampat-esque reefs to Anilao-like muck dives. The lodge is right on the beach and there's a muck house reef. Dive sites are usually around 10 - 30 minutes away on the boat.
I shot the GH5 in a nauticam housing with an 8mm, 12-50mm and 60mm with a cmc-1.
Amazing editing and imagery both! I love the closing scene!
WELL DONE !!!
Thanks TaxiDiver14!
Amazing editing and imagery both! I love the closing scene!
Thanks Dave! I don't know why the anemone decided it was time to recall the harlequin crab, but I'm glad I had the camera rolling!
I've never been to Sulawesi - what's the travel like to get there? (I'd be coming from Phoenix, so west coast starting point).
Well Done, thx.
Looks like a beautiful place to dive! Well done.
I've never been to Sulawesi - what's the travel like to get there? (I'd be coming from Phoenix, so west coast starting point).
Easiest way maybe is to get to Singapore then, if North Sulawesi (Lembeh etc), flight to Manado.
I've never been to Sulawesi - what's the travel like to get there? (I'd be coming from Phoenix, so west coast starting point
I'm in Seattle and went Seattle > Taipei > Jakarta > Makassar > Luwuk. Yep, 4 flights, with 8 hours in the Jakarta Airport--got a room at the hotel to rest. At the end of all the flying is a 3 hour van ride.
The upside to the distance is you will not see other dive operators in the area!
I think this is a video where the aerial and land footage looks really great and the editing is really good too
In the underwater section the close up work is really neat while the wide angle has plenty of clipping like the camera is not coping with the dynamic range of the scenes in the section around 4:20 minutes