Skip to content

Conservation and the Environment / Archived topic

Eco Friendly Mask De-fogger

Started by wileycam2000 ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Eco Friendly Mask De-fogger

8 posts
  1. Anyone have any mask spray that they recommend that is enviro friendly?

     

    Cheers,

     

  2. Spit!

  3. isn't baby shampoo eco friendly? Don't know never read the label.

  4. I'm with Adam - spit. I have never found anything better anyway.

  5. I Spit.

    I also read you can use a half potato. But I am not sure how piratical it is to have always potato for diving in you dive bag ;)

  6. I Spit.

    I also read you can use a half potato. But I am not sure how piratical it is to have always potato for diving in you dive bag ;)

     

    now this is something new...well, glory to the potato, one can eat it, make alcohol from it, now it will even clean your mask! All hail the mighty potato!

    ...inexaustible supply, always carried with you, no plastic bottles involved and fully organic - spit.

  7. Spit works well but I found that, after a while in tropical climes, you start to get pretty yucky gunk build-up around the mask frame. Switching to a mix of fresh water and baby shampoo sorts this out.

  8. Their is a reason that spit in your eye is a pejorative, can lead to all kinds of bad eye infections.

    Bill

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.