Hi guys,
I used to froth on UW photography with my shitty little Canon G11 and Canon housing. Since then, that camera's died.. I used an E-M1 for a while but getting the housing and ports/domes etc for the lenses was too expensive.
I just sold my E-M1 due to a lack of use but, I was thinking.. my time with a compact underwater was great, so...
I mostly want to use this camera for ambient light wide angle shots of underwater scenes but, I have no doubt I'll get into wanting to do more macro and using the strobes I have.
I'm thinking about getting an RX100 VA with a Fantasea housing for it and then, using some of my existing toys from my G11.. like the Inon S2000 strobes, optics, etc.
I have a few questions or comments and would like you lovely people to help.
I feel like the RX100 VA with the Fantasea housing is what I can afford and possibly the best performance in a.. compact package.
1) I'm going with the VA rather than the mark 6 due to the more open aperture and I feel like this would make a large difference in ambient light. Also, the Fantasea housing restricts the zoom range to 67mm anyway, so, the extra reach of the mark 6 is relatively useless. Thoughts? Correct decision?
2) When using a wide angle lens/fisheye versus a standard (rectilinear?) lens at a given aperture, the fisheye will give more DOF for the given aperture over the standard lens, right?
3) I have these stackable Inon 165 M67 lenses but.. what do they actually do? I never used them with my G11... they don't actually increase magnification, right? Just affect focusing distance?
4) What lens is the one in the image I have provided? I feel like I never used this either.. but it doesn't have any markings or writing I can see?
5) What would be the best overall/quality vs cost wide angle/fisheye 67mm lens for the Fantasea housing for the RX100?
6) I actually have a ridiculous amount of questions as I want to get really into this - last time I was doing photos I didn't really know what I was doing. Is there someone that can take me under their wing via a messenger and I can ask endless annoying questions?
I think that'll do it.. thanks for all the awesome articles over the years, too! WetPixel is still what I check every morning along with the local paper and Surfline. (Sorry about my impossible to understand mental vomit, haha)
Cheers
Adam