Hi guys
I've got a Anthis Nexus D200 housing.
So I want to try to put D500 camera in D200 housing.
Does anybody have experience?
If you does please share your experiences.
Thanks!
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by sccho76 ·
Read-only discussion
Hi guys
I've got a Anthis Nexus D200 housing.
So I want to try to put D500 camera in D200 housing.
Does anybody have experience?
If you does please share your experiences.
Thanks!
Don't have that housing, but I have D500 and a D300, which is almost identical to the D200 in most dimensions and has been adapted to D200 housings. The D500 is taller and deeper than the D300 at most points. Unless the D200 had a ton of room above and in front of the camera, I don't think you'll have much luck with that swap. The D500 is about 77mm grip to back, compared to less than 72mm for the D200/300. Body height is similar on the right (grip side) at about 92mm, but at the left control dial, the D500 is at least 4mm taller. Body depth is similar at the lens mount, but the flash on the D200/300 is taller and slimmer than the shoe area on the D500. The swivel screen also sticks out an extra couple of mm. I think the biggest hindrance would probably be the depth of the grip, since it requires substantially more room in front of the RH side of the camera with the lens in the same relationship to the port.
Hi,
Fun-In Taiwan web site shows several different upgrades;
http://www.fun-in.com.tw/oc/index.php?route=product/category&path=73_131_139_57&page=7
but, not showing D200 to D500.
Don't have that housing, but I have D500 and a D300, which is almost identical to the D200 in most dimensions and has been adapted to D200 housings. The D500 is taller and deeper than the D300 at most points. Unless the D200 had a ton of room above and in front of the camera, I don't think you'll have much luck with that swap. The D500 is about 77mm grip to back, compared to less than 72mm for the D200/300. Body height is similar on the right (grip side) at about 92mm, but at the left control dial, the D500 is at least 4mm taller. Body depth is similar at the lens mount, but the flash on the D200/300 is taller and slimmer than the shoe area on the D500. The swivel screen also sticks out an extra couple of mm. I think the biggest hindrance would probably be the depth of the grip, since it requires substantially more room in front of the RH side of the camera with the lens in the same relationship to the port.
Thanks for the advise.
I want to try to put in, but nobody has D500 camera among my friends. Maybe I have to try to get one. ^^;
Hi,
Fun-In Taiwan web site shows several different upgrades;
http://www.fun-in.com.tw/oc/index.php?route=product/category&path=73_131_139_57&page=7
but, not showing D200 to D500.
thank you!
I was watching that site many times....
I am tired to wait ![]()
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.