Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

MACRO setup for Sony a-6500

Started by Ar0n89 ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

MACRO setup for Sony a-6500

8 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    I own a Sony alpha6500 housed in a Nauticam system. I was wondering if anybody can advice on the best combo MACRO lens plus port.

     

    Cheers

    Francesco

  2. Best macro for this camera will be de Sony FE 90mm GM OSS, you will get a 135mm macro lense in your APS-C sensor, actually one of the sharpest macro lens in market if not the best...

    Edited by TaxiDiver14
  3. As Taxi has said the Sony FE 90mm F/2.8 is outstanding for any Sony E mount camera and on the APS-C is equal to 135mm on 35mm size sensor. I would also consider the excellent E-mount Zeiss 50mm F/2.8 macro which is made for APS-C sensor Sony cameras. I just used this lens for a review in the current issue of Underwater Photography magazine uwpmag.com with the new Sony A6400 and Ikelite housing. The Zeiss 50 macro gives a 75mm 31 degree AOV v. an 18 degree AOV with the 90mm. Bot angles of view are very useful for macro with the 90mm being better for super macro with add-on closeup lenses.

     

    The auto focus on the A6400 is way ahead of A6300/A6500 in speed and accuracy for both lenses.

  4. Thanks guys!

  5. I have a 90mm with an A6300 in a SeaFrogs housing. Focus can be frustrating at times, but when it works, it's very rewarding.

  6. probably depends on what and where you are shooting. Larger subjects in less than clear water means you have to back off too much and makes back scatter control more difficult. I shoot the 120mm equivalent 60mm Olypmus macro and find it is too long for some subjects shooting in the temperate waters around Sydney.

  7. Im using the Sony 50mm 2.8 and it is painful getting focus. The shots are great when you get them, but I must say I am pleased to hear Phil's comment on the 6400 autofocus, as my 6500 can be annoying...

  8. Thanks everybody for their advice. What do you guys think about the ZEISS Touit50mm f/2.8M?

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.