I don’t know if this is new or not, but it seemed new to me? There was no documentation either which makes me think it’s a recent addition to the Subal ND850 Housing. The airlock is the manual Backscatter Airlock (which is terrific). When I first saw green then red with alarm I kind of freaked and thought it was a short as the new housing hasn't been wet yet. I d never seen a light on at any time with my other Subals over the years (this is my 4th Subal).
Consensus is it’s a newer feature, inside mounted near the leak battery. From what I gather it blinks green constantly when pressurized with the Airlock (or whatever system).
This is where it gets interesting... when depressurized with the Airlock gauge the red light flashes and an alarm sounds for about 30 seconds. The alarm quiets and the red light continues to flash for about 3 minutes. Looks rather adventurous, say if a couple of these went off at once on the liveaboard camera table? ;-)
Seriously though, it’s growing on me. It’s my first leak detection system. I love the Backscatter Airlock. The blinky lights and alarm....., well? What’s life without a little drama?
This is also my first full frame. So far I’m in love! The Nikon 8-15 lens (on sale right now $150 off btw) image quality is completely amazing! I’ll pool test it tonight.
I called a few weeks ago to buy Sola focus lights for a blackwater dive and got talked into a new Subal ND850. That was an expensive phone call. It arrived from Europe within a week! Too soon for me as I was out of town, expecting it to take 3 months or something. Anyway it’s great! Buttons are super smooth (my fav part of my Subals since they don’t give my hands/fingers repetitive stress injury). Everything lines up well (it was checked well by Backscatter before it was sent to me). I’ve tweaked a couple of things (there's always something that needs tweaking) but the tweaks are rather minor compared to how overall the housing is fantastic and feels so comfortable to control. I’m in love...!
I hope the blinky-light videos embed. Oh, and I’m selling my RED Subal 95% freshwater used ND7100 that fits Nikon 7200 perfectly too. Haven’t had time to list it. Off to dive... Best, Carol
So it doesn't look like the code embedded so here are the links. First one is the green vacuum light, second one is after depressurization:
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/341763624" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/341763797" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>