Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

WTB: Subal 45 degree ViewFinder

Started by gradient ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

WTB: Subal 45 degree ViewFinder

5 posts
  1. Looking for a used one. Pm me or email: cusimsteinn@gmail.com

     

    Thanks,

     

    Daniel

  2. Bump

  3. Sorry, I can’t help you with one. But I’ve had one on my Subal housings for the last 10 years and think they are brilliant. There’s a bit of a learning curve and mid-water shots can be tricky. But for macro and general WA reef/diver shots, they’re tops.

     

    Good luck on your hunt.

  4. Thanks Tim. I realize it is harder to find a used one. People dont normally part ways with their viewfinder once they got used to using it. I guess i need to suck it up and buy it brand new from BS

  5. Yeah, I don't think you'd regret it. I've moved mine from a Subal ND300 to an ND800 to my current ND500. I wouldn't be without it now.

     

    If you do buy a new one, it's worth getting the Subal tool to unscrew it from the housing. I found the housing a tricky beast to pack if the finder is attached. But it's an easy job (even for we non-techos) to remove and replace the finder especially if you have the inexpensive little tool.

     

    http://www.subal.com/a64c61c68c13/Ports_Gears_Viewfinders/Accessories/Assembly_tools/Mounting_tool_.aspx

     

    This looks a bit like a butterfly wing (though not as colourful) made of stainless steel with two prongs, one at each end, which slot into lugs on a screw fitting attached to the finder which is inside the housing back. A couple of turns and the ring that holds the finder in place unscrews and you can pull the finder off the back off the housing. 2-3 minute job usually.

     

    You just have to make sure when re-fitting that the o-rings are greased slightly and the finder fits flush to the back of the housing with the o-rings evenly in the housing back opening. Slightly tricky to describe but I'm sure you'll see what I mean. As I say, not difficult at all.

    Edited by TimG
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.