Anyone have experience or recommendations on shooting wide angle with a Panasonic Lumix lens?
I have a nauti-cam NA-LX 10housing for it and am looking for options.
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by subsea ·
Read-only discussion
Anyone have experience or recommendations on shooting wide angle with a Panasonic Lumix lens?
I have a nauti-cam NA-LX 10housing for it and am looking for options.
I'm looking for the exact same thing - a wide angle lens that doesn't have significant vignetting. Scubaboard had a pretty good thread talking about wide angle lenses for the LX10 and nobody seemed to find one that worked well. The last post specifically discusses the NAl-LX10 case and how he couldn't find anything that worked.
I spoke with Backscatter and they recommended only the WWL-1 and UWL-09 Pro for the NA-LX10, both of which are huge, heavy, and cost over a thousand dollars. As stated in the thread above, the UWL-09 Pro needed to be zoomed out to 36mm to remove the vignetting, which looses significant FOV, and it still soft in the corners.
Divephotoguide.com did a really positive review of the NA-LX10 + WWL-1 and didn't mention any vignetting. I would imagine that the WWL-1 would probably work the best out of any wide angle lens, but the size, weight, and cost is a little much.
There is no lens not vignetting with the LX10 because the lens becomes longer when you zoom in so there is a gap to the port.
The performance also depends on the housing you use and the distance between thread and glass
Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
I have the WW-1 lens will this Lens work with the Ikelite housing for the LX10 ?
Thank you for posting this!
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.