Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

WTB: Dead Strobes Wanted for Study.

Started by Kraken de Mabini ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

WTB: Dead Strobes Wanted for Study.

3 posts
  1. Dead Strobes Wanted for study, so I can figure out what went wrong. I plan to publish the findings here in Wetpixel.

    Interested in: Inon S2000, Inon D200, Z240 and Z330 and Sea&Sea YS-D1 or D2 strobes, other makes also, with O-rings and battery caps so I can do flooding, pressure and temperature tests.
    If you wish, I can return the opened and/or disassembled strobe.
    Will pay $5 per strobe plus snail-mail cost.
    A few, old used Eneloop batteries, 4 to 8 batteries are also needed, I will pay the postage.
    I plan to post the findings here in Wetpixel.
    Please PM. Thank you.
    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  2. You might try asking Pacific Housing Repair. I sent a YS-D1 to them, and it took 5 months go get it back, only to have it leak and short out in the main compartment while in Tahiti a month later. Sent it back a year ago and they still have it. They took the batteries too. Soooo, they may be going out of business or something, and willing to send dead strobes to you.

     

    Aloha,

    Divingmama

  3. Thank you for the suggestion, Divingmama,

    (831) 751-3885. E-Mail, service@pacifichousingrepair.com

    I will give them a phone call and also ask about the status of your YS-D1.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.