Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Red Sea dugong 4K GH5

Started by matdiver1234 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Red Sea dugong 4K GH5

6 posts
  1. After many attempts, I finally saw a dugong in the Red Sea:

     

    [media]

    [media]

     

    The rest of the video is just the usual Red Sea stuff, mostly in the 10-20m range so ambient light/manual white balance/red filter.

     

    For GH5 owners: the lizard fish (2'32") is what happens when you insert a 6K photo/video file (i.e. 18 megapixels at 30 fps) into a 50 fps video. The porcupine fish (2'13") was in a place that looked very dark, 15m down under an overhang. However I dropped the frame rate to 25 fps, and shutter to 25 too, with ISO at 1600. Quite good low light capability, at least for something that isn't moving fast.

     

    All constructive comments and criticisms welcome!

     

    Cheers,

     

    Matt

     

     

  2. Was everything shot without lights? Looks amazing!

  3. Beach near Abu Dabab or Marsa Shagra? Seems one of those

     

    Video looks neat blue a bit going into purple. Filter shot I guess

  4. Very nice. Your videos are so much more stable than mine. Any tips on keeping my shots stable. I know one thing I am doing wrong is that I have a tendency to look as the screen and compose then watch what I am shooting and only occasionally checking the screen. It results in more movement that is not appealing. I am not achieving this stability in any of my shots.

    Edited by aviator8
  5. Nice....

  6. Thanks for the comments!

    Yes, this was all ambient light, and the location was "Sheik Malek" - same general area as Abu Dabbab and Marsa Shagra. Seems there was a period when there were very few sightings and now there are more sightings... but it's probably just the same few individuals that are moving around.

     

    @aviator8 - I think you've identified what you have to do. Really look at the screen whilst you're filming. I try and lock my arms and rest my elbows against my body as well, but I think many of us probably have to discard some shaky footage from every trip! Also, sometimes I slow down 50fps footage to make it appear more stable. After that.... practise practise practise!

     

    Cheers,

     

    Matt

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.