Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam RX100 housing question

Started by hdvdiva ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam RX100 housing question

2 posts
  1. I have a Sony RX100 Mark II. I am looking at picking up a used housing for it. I know that as of the Mark V (or possibly IV) the camera casing was modified and older housings will nor work for the Mark V.

     

    My question is, will housings for the original RX100 work for an RX100 Mark II?

    If so, it that across the board for all of the manufacturers?

    If not, are there some manufacturers that it will work for?

     

    I have found a Nauticam RX-100 housing but the seller and I do not live in the same area, so I don't want to buy it without first confirming.

     

    Thanks

  2. Probably not. Meikon has a universal housing that fits models I through V, with compatibility achieved by swapping some internal parts, and looking at the instructions, it looks like model I is distinct from all the others, using a special shim for the buttons in the back.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.