Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

What the heck did I find?

Started by troporobo ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

What the heck did I find?

6 posts
  1. I spotted this critter early this morning at about 18-20m near Anilao. It is pretty clearly some sort of shrimp but looks like some kind of mashup between a shrimp's legs, a cowrie's mantle, and maybe a rhinopia's camouflage. I was trying to find a better angle but it was quite shy and after two shots it vanished into its crevice. I couldn't come up with the right search terms to even get close on the google. Someone please help satiate my curiosity!

     

    48219556736_59abece845_z.jpg

    Edited by troporobo
  2. Saron shrimp!

    Good find

  3. Fantastic! Thanks a lot for the ID!

  4. Hi,
    great shot of a Saron sp....
    In the Debelius / Kuiter invertibrates Book its on Side 135 in the middle ;-))

    Regards,
    Wolfgang

  5. Fantastic! Thanks a lot for the ID!

    No worries, I have seen variants in Indonesia and Australia. Always a pleasure to see

  6. I found one of those in Tufi, PNG and was similarly confused. It wandered through a coral head that made it very hard to get a full body shot. They are weird looking creatures. Great shot!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.