I've been looking at a NiMAR housing for my D750.
I quite like the design of the enclosure and the cost seems reasonable.... however, the company itself... is this a legit business/can they be trusted?
Thus far:
- Website contains no manuals or documentation whatsoever; specs are missing lots of important info
- Website looks like web store from 2003 rather than that of a manufacturer
- The only way to even get a good look inside the housing is to watch several youtube videos and even then there are gaps in what one can see... why are there not detailed photos of the product, inside and out?
- Amongst the low-res images on the site showing the housing several appear to have been edited in 'Paint' to add notation.
- The photos for the D750 housing show a camera in the housing that is definitely not a D750.
- When I registered for their website to verify shipping costs they sent back the password I used to register as clear text in an email.
- unprompted email 'eStalking' from sales rep since I added a couple items to the cart on their website
So, in light of the complete 'amateur hour' presentation, I ask: is this a legit business with the capability for long term support? Will they still be around in a year? Are their products reliable?
Has anyone been dealing with them for a while or had to work with them on warranty issues?
Any insight from long term users greatly appreciated...