Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Haven't got a clue what these are from Anilao

Started by chowe ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Haven't got a clue what these are from Anilao

6 posts
  1. I think the last one is a Nudibranch, but not positive. I think I see gills. The first two I have no clue.

    Craig

    post-51812-0-53745400-1563838819_thumb.jpg

    post-51812-0-04220400-1563838848_thumb.jpg

    post-51812-0-78140600-1563838863_thumb.jpg

  2. No. 3 is not a nudibranch.

  3. #3 looks like a piece of broken off red sponge.

  4. The third one (orange) is a flatworm.

    Specifically: Katoi's flatworm (Phrikoceros katoi), Family: Pseudocerotidae.  Nice capture on that one!  Looks just like the picture in the book (Ryanskiy, A.S., 2018, Coral Reefs Phillipines, Reef ID Books).

    Image-1 (002).jpg

  5. The second one took me a while but I think...it may be an Anemone Aliciidae. It looks like Alicia pretiosa.

    Have a look at these pictures by Poppe Images: https://www.poppe-images.com/?t=17&photoid=927264&catid=2

    I'm not an expert; just love discovery!

    The first image you posted though...a very vague guess that it might be an isopod?  really no other idea on that one.

     

    Fun!Fun!

    927264.jpg

  6. Thank you Pangeagirl. Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I think you are spot on on both.  I even looked in Poppe Images and missed it.  Also thank you for the book tips, I just ordered five of his titles.  I have had one other person tell me they thought the first image was an isopod.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.