Skip to content

Trip Reports and Travel / Archived topic

Diving for images - Anybody interested to join experimental trip

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Diving for images - Anybody interested to join experimental trip

10 posts
  1. With the exception of macro destinations where you can 'rent your guide' I have always found difficult to have a satisfactory trip using standard diving trips or liveaboards

    Especially with liveaboards it seems that there is a set timetable and itinerary to follow and most importantly you only dive a site once typically maybe twice so just where you were at the point of knowing how to take a shot you move elsewhere. 

    I have been doing the Alex Mustard workshop in the Red Sea now for 3 times and although there is always something to learn as I have already worked in the same area as diving instructor what I really would like is to have the flexibility on the itinerary and just go in the water and shoot. I am sure other advanced divers and photographers fell like that so I looked at chartering a boat on my own but I need to some partners in crime to do it as obviously a whole boat to myself is a tad expensive. As I know the area I would be happy to share my tips on how I approach the sites and subjects but I am by no mean someone that can host a workshop and also I do not want to compete with all the friends that do this as a job. My local diving club does the standard diving trips so I was wondering if anyone would like to join me. Boat living from Sharm El Sheikh most likely 24-31 of August and we are talking about 10 spaces small boat away from the crowds

    Itinerary

    Abu Nuhas and the wrecks

    Thistlegorm

    Ras Mohammed and Shark Reef

    Maybe Jackson reef if reported sharks around

    I am interested also in feedback on the idea and this is no profit am just covering my own costs. Also not for UK divers (sorry guys) as I do not want to step on other friends territory so mostly looking at people in US, MEA, APAC, Russia etc. Cost should be around $1395 flights excluded to be confirmed further

     

  2. Hello! I'm very interested in this. The timing might not work, but it could be interesting to create a group or something to organize chartered trips. I really like the idea!

  3. Yep, me too but not this August

  4. Xberges and TimG trip is planned 24-31 of JULY 2020 (why on earth I wrote August)

    My idea is to start with something I know well and then maybe expand to other destinations. Ideally if we could create a wider group and each one has got good boat or resort contacts this becomes more interesting.

    Generally for macro I think this is less of an issue and especially if diving off resort it might be better to go with divers and rent a guide to avoid critter hogging.

    But for wide angle it is really a must to have a photo orientated group os otherwise you are just at the mercy of the fixed itinerary

  5. Well I'd be interested for sure - although I notice that you're aiming away from UK divers. You're looking at areas I know reasonably well. 

    if Lembeh or Bonaire became possibilities I could help with them.

     

    Edited by TimG
  6. 1 hour ago, TimG said:

    Well I'd be interested for sure - although I notice that you're aiming away from UK divers. You're looking at areas I know reasonably well. 

    if Lembeh or Bonaire became possibilities I could help with them.

     

    I meant UK based divers, You are in the Netherlands? I just do not want to 'compete' with any of the UK workshop experts though this is not a workshop I would prefer to avoid any possible remarks if it makes sense?

    Edited by Interceptor121
  7. OK!

  8. I would be interested with this too....Who knows may be we can try our GH6 :banana:

    Edited by lutfu
  9. Trip officially moved to 1-8 August
    Spaces still available

    Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.