Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

My first (good) fisheye photo - what do you guys think?

Started by gradient ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

My first (good) fisheye photo - what do you guys think?

2 posts
  1. This is a photo taken with my Nikon D700 with a sigma 15mm fisheye lens, Dual YS-D2 strobes, F6.3 at ISO 200, Shutter at 1/60.

    Let me know what you guys think of this. I was close to my subject (less than 1 foot away) and my strobes were already pointed outward and were about ~15 inches away from my DP-230 Zen dome but I can still see some backscatter. How would you reduce backscatter in this case? I also notice some glare on the sides of the picture implying that my strobe beams hit the sides of my dome. Any advise from you guys would be extremely helpful. thanks!

    test.jpg

  2. How far behind the plane of the dome were the strobes?  Moving back a little may help?  Though in temperate waters I'm not sure that Bcakscatter is 100% avoidable??

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.