Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea&Sea DX housing repair, bulkhead

Started by Eyematey ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea&Sea DX housing repair, bulkhead

3 posts
  1. Repairing a S&S DX200 housing for a friend. He damaged the bulkhead which was attached to a TTL converter. The DX200 has two strobe bulkheads, one for TTL converter and another for manual strobe firing.  I removed the damaged one and would like to replace with SS-50123 which appears to be the same. It is listed for use in MDX and RDX but not DX housings. My question, is the diameter of the 5 pin bulkhead insert different?  The one I removed was 11.79mm.  Can't find detailed specs on SS-50123 dimensions.  Just trying to return the TTL option for him as I figure a dual cable will do the job of firing his strobes otherwise.  Dual cable, 03470, costs more than the 50123 bulkhead.

    Thanks for any input

    Steve

  2. Every S&S bulkhead I have seen is the same  internal diameter. They all accept a Nikonos cable.

    There are more than 1 mounting scheme. Post a pic of the bulkhead connector.

  3. Thanks, " Every S&S bulkhead I have seen is the same  internal diameter" is what I was hoping for. For this last trip I hooked him up with a single strobe firing manually, cord connected to manual bulkhead. He is debating getting a double cord or the SS-50123 TTL bulkhead replacement.  He was happy with results.

    Thanks for input.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.