Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

seeking macro flip holder

Started by jimj ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

seeking macro flip holder

6 posts
  1.  Just hoping someone may be able to steer me in the right direction. I am using a nexus housing with a D300. When using a 105 lens I have attached to the port a macro flip holder from  Reefnet Subsee with both their +5&+10. I would like to move to the Nauticam SMC 1 and possibly the SMC 2. The problem I am encountering is the port diameter is 102mm and has no internal or external  threads.  I am looking for some type of holder that will attach to the port and hold the Nauticam lens. The Reefnet holder will not hold the SMC lens securely.  While the folks at both Backscatter and Reef have been good no one has been able to get any information from either SAGA or Nexus.  I may have to find a new port  but looking for a holder to fit the 102 mm diameter first.Hence this posting. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks for reading.

  2.  Many thanks Bill for all of your help. I will explore this with SAGA.

  3. Larry's will be a whole bunch cheaper than the Saga. 

    Bill

  4.   Thank you very much. It would seem one way or another I will have luck in getting this to fit my port & thread on the lens. 

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.