Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

WACP and Sony

Started by guyharrisonphoto ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

WACP and Sony

11 posts
  1. Has Nauticam tested the WACP with Sony mirrorless lenses?  Sony has a 28-70 or so slow kit lens which is supposed to be only fair optically.  Tamron just introduced a 28-75 2.8 which is supposed to be superb.  I would be interested to know if Nauticam (or anyone) has evaluated the WACP with either of these lenses, and especially the Tamron.

    Thanks!

  2. small article on Nauticam's site with sony and the wacp. https://www.nauticam.com/blogs/news/wacp-on-sony

    Pretty much all the zoom lenses used with the wacp are 'slow' (sony 28-70, canon 28-70, Nikon 28-70, etc) and are old. But underwater, behind that piece of glass they perform exceptionally. I believe I checked into the tamron 28-75 a while ago and the physical dimensions of the lens would require pretty significant extensions if I recall correctly. I'm sure if they haven't tested it already, they will at some point.

  3. I use a Sony a9 with their 28-70 and the Nauticam WACP. Results are fantastic!!! Sony's 28-70 is still sold as new lens. I'll be using this setup again this October with the tiger sharks.

  4. Thanks everyone!

  5. I use a Sony a9 with their 28-70 and the Nauticam WACP. Results are fantastic!!! Sony's 28-70 is still sold as new lens. I'll be using this setup again this October with the tiger sharks.
    I'm looking seriously into this setup (although with the Sony A7siii when it eventually appears!). I'd be super interested to hear about and see your results mbrock. Be great if you could report back. Enjoy your trip.

    Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

  6. I just arrived to West Palm Beach. We leave tomorrow. Hopefully weather cooperates. Not looking too good right now. I’ll post some thoughts next weekend when we get back.

  7. @mbrock How did it go in Tiger Beach? Care to share some pics?

  8. WACP continues to amaze. On my website I have a pic of a Caribbean Reef Shark and a couple of tiger sharks in b&w. Also just returned from Australia, have two grey nurse pics, aka sand tigers, as well as a leafy sea dragon all taken with the wacp.

    Headed back to Tiger Beach and Bimini end of February. Apologize for just now posting a follow up.

  9. Mike - I took a look at your homepage. Great pictures! And I mean that.

    I also - and now, this post turns off topic, sorry about that - saw the movie with the Great White happening to enter a cage. Yowza! Thing is, I recently read an article about shark safaris at Guadalope and that seemed awesome, but in two days I have now seen two different videos with Great Whites at Guadalope ending up inside a cage with the divers. Er... how common is that?

    I have no special shark phobia, but I do have some respect for large wild predators, and sharing a cage with a very stressed out specimen is... not my dream vacation.

  10. Glad you enjoyed the pics. I sent you a DM on the Guadalupe Cage Diving.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.