Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Modifying Drysuit Undergarments

Started by Kelpfish ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Modifying Drysuit Undergarments

4 posts
  1. Hi Everyone,

    I have a very nice pair of DUI arctic 400 gm drysuit underwear and am in need of having the legs shortened. I think I need more than a "seamstress" as this is a pretty nice set of undergarments. I'm going to be doing more colder water diving and want to get this pair modified. I bought them new a few years ago and they were too long in the legs but fit well in the chest where I am fairly broad. So in essence I need to customize them.

    Anyone know of or can recommend someone with the skills to pull this off?

    Feel free to email me at joe [at] joe belanger.com.

    Appreciate your help.

  2. A seamstress is exactly what you want. Or more appropriately perhaps a tailor. Quality Tailoring in Long Beach is quite good

    Bill

  3. Without generalising skillsets, find yourself a little old lady in your local area who does seamstressing and adjustments. Go there with the undersuit and let her scold you for buying it in the wrong size, and pin it to exactly where you want it. Come back in a week, hand over a very nominal amount of cash, and try on your perfectly adjusted undersuit. You could consider buying some non-cotton thread...cotton stitching soaks up the water if you do get a leak, as a buddy of mine found out with a secondhand undersuit one time.

    The key with all this is to pick the right little old lady! Avoid the "jeans hemmed in 10 minutes for $10" places at the mall.

  4. Thanks for the advice.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.