Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica - great service

Started by woody ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica - great service

3 posts
  1. I don't know whether it is acceptable practice, but I would like to use this forum as a means for saying what a pleasure it has been doing business with Aquatica.

     

    Some time back I ordered a A995 housing plus a Sea&Sea W/A lens from B&H. I ordered the Sea&Sea, and not the Aquatica lens, because the Sea&Sea was a bit cheaper, and the thread spec was identical so I did not anticipate any problems.

     

    BUT when it all arrived the lens did not fit properly, and was getting stuck after just half a turn. I contacted Blake at Aquatica, who agreed that the fit should be OK. He suspected that maybe the paint on the housing was the problem and sent me a new front. But the problem remained. By that time too much time had passed to get a replacement lens from B&H, and anyway Blake had already agreed that if the housing was OK, he would replace the Sea&Sea lens with an Aquatica one. This I received recently, and the fit to the original housing is perfect

     

    At the same time, I had a problem with the shutter release below a certain depth, which was resolved to a certain extent, but I will put this in another posting.

     

    So anyway, all in all, I would recommend Aquatica's level of service any time! Thanks, Blake.:D:)

  2. I know a few guys sometime back (before Aquatica was sold) that really complained about the company. But I would like to say that now (since new owners) their service is really as good as it can get, you could even say it is on par with Ike.

  3. Aquatica service is tops. They overnighted 3 days in a row to make sure I had what I needed for my trip. You will always get offered help when you call.

     

    Great group of people.:D

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.