Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

WTB Sea&Sea YS D1 or D2 strobe, burned out

Started by Kraken de Mabini ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

WTB Sea&Sea YS D1 or D2 strobe, burned out

8 posts
  1. WTB, Sea&Sea YS-D1 or -D2 strobe, burned out flash tube, or strobe not working.  Please send PM telling condition of strobe case, battery cap, battery contacts, flash tube, flooded or not, photos will be be a bit help. I need one or two S&S strobes to figure out how to take them apart and what goes wrong w them. Will pay reasonable price and shipping.

  2. Take a look at my post.

  3. Hi, Kevin57: Thank you, your strobes are like new, and priced fairly at a good market price.

     I need YS-D2 strobes with buned out flash tubes so I can open them and learn from their innards.

    Thank you,  

    Kraken

  4. True Story:

      "Adi" from Singapore gave me her S&S YS-D1 strobe, I started to take it apart, realized it was mostly OK did a bit of work, re-assembled it.

    It now works!  At no cost I am returning it to her!

    So, please, sell me your burned out strobes, there may be hope, or we can all learn a bit.  As Wetpixelers seem to want to know what goes on inside a strobe, I will post what I find and learn so everybody can benefit.  

    Thank you!

     

  5. Bump.

  6. BUMP

  7.  

    i have one flooded and one not flooded not working YS-D2 strobes. Battery caps in good working condition. Body also not scratched. The problem with not flooded strobe is CPU death. How much you pay ? (economy shipping to US =  $20 for 1 strobe. $30 for 2)

  8. Thank you! Full reply sent separately by e-mail.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.