Check out this video I shot with the new BMCC 4K pocket Cinema Camera... Most the UW footage is towards the middle of the video. Some GoPro spliced in there as well. For some reason some minor pixel binning with youtube's compression, but for my first time using the camera, I thought it was pretty awesome.
Link:
Cool video, surface shots are nicely done. Unfortunately the type of underwater shots in this video dont allow any conclusions about how the BMPCC4K performs underwater. Still waiting for something shot in nice blue water with lots of color contrast etc.
On 9/14/2019 at 11:41 PM, wileycam2000 said:
Hey peeps,
Check out this video I shot with the new BMCC 4K pocket Cinema Camera... Most the UW footage is towards the middle of the video. Some GoPro spliced in there as well. For some reason some minor pixel binning with youtube's compression, but for my first time using the camera, I thought it was pretty awesome.
Link:
I just got a couple of the pocket 6K camera's and will be getting a housing for 1 of them. Which housing are you using? Are you finding that the battery is getting sucked like crazy from the pocket? My main concern is not having enough battery life under water to film for decent amounts of time.
21 minutes ago, benbrinker said:
I just got a couple of the pocket 6K camera's and will be getting a housing for 1 of them. Which housing are you using? Are you finding that the battery is getting sucked like crazy from the pocket? My main concern is not having enough battery life under water to film for decent amounts of time.
I run the nauticam housing and it has a tray for 4x 18650 batteries. This gives a few hours of run time. I also turn the camera off between recording to save battery life and it generally gets me through a full day on the water.
- wrong thread..
11 hours ago, benbrinker said:
I just got a couple of the pocket 6K camera's and will be getting a housing for 1 of them. Which housing are you using? Are you finding that the battery is getting sucked like crazy from the pocket? My main concern is not having enough battery life under water to film for decent amounts of time.
Unfortunately Nauticam doesn't make a pocket 6K housing yet. Probably 6 month to a year out, or else I would have bought one of those! Plenty of power with the 18650 battery tray
Here is a review and some blue clear water footage.
Despite the 13 stops of dynamic range some highlights are still blown out and there is still purple water in some shots.
IMHO nothing that cant be achieved from other cameras at the moment.
I don't see anything that I cannot achieve with my current camera either
The scene with the grouper has highlights blown however I think that has more to do with the operator
For the other scenes like the stingray the color is weird there is a purple cast
I think the lack of custom white balance in camera means that if you do not have sand you need to shoot a grey card in each shot as it is not true that white balance is not useful in RAW. I think we are making some confusion here, when I shoot stills with strobes I do not white balance but that is because the strobes will provide the colour, if I shoot only ambient light even in RAW is worth white balancing the camera otherwise when you start pumping temperatures over 15K it comes with all sorts of tint issues
This little device is clearly optimised for land and there are a few essential items missing for UW use