Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

WACP on Seacam

Started by John Doe II ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

WACP on Seacam

7 posts
  1. Can the Nauticam WACP be fitted to a seacam housing ? 

    If so what parts are needed to do this? I know nothing about Seacam and its parts.

    Can any of the Nauticam ports be fitted to the seacam housings via adaptors? I seem to remember reading somewhere this was possible.

    Thanks

  2. I am also interested in a WACP adaptor for Seacam housings. Saga has already made one for Subal. Perhaps they can do the same for Seacam if Seacam doesn't make one themselves.

    Edited by ScubaLute — adding more info
  3. So this means there is no known way to mount the WACP to a seacam at this time ? I guess I will have to message Saga to see what they can do, if anything.

    Thanks for your response. I was beginning to think no one knew the answer to this.

  4. Currently, only Nauticam housings are compatible with WACP.

    I hope that this situation will change!

    Adam

     

  5. Except Alex Mustard posted this in another thread about adaptors for Nauticam ports on Subal housings:

    I regularly use Nauticam ports (including the WACP) on my Subal housings (type 4 ports) - I use an adaptor from Saga

  6. SagaDive makes ports for almost all housings. Their macro ports are very nice, tapered and threaded to 67mm. They come in Delrin or aluminum, we've found the delrin to work well.

    We've had macro ports made for Nauticam, Subal, Sea & Sea and SEACAM quite successfully. I don't see a reason that a SagaDive port, threaded to 67mm wouldn't work with a MWL or WACP for a SEACAM housing, but it's not been tested.

  7. Thank you all,

    Perhaps I misspoke, for which my apologies.

    No existing housing manufacturer except Nauticam offers a solution for using WACP.

    Port adaptors exist of course, and there are manufacturers that can produce bespoke solutions. Camera placement within housings is not standardized however, so it will take experimentation to discover appropriate port lengths etc, as well as finding zoom gears. None of this is impossible, it will just take some time.

    I hope that the other manufacturers will correct this very soon!

    Adam

     

     

     

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.