Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Seacam Strobe Connector Help!!

Started by ianmarsh ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Seacam Strobe Connector Help!!

9 posts
  1. Does anyone out there know the name of this connector that Seacam uses on its hotshoe to circuit board cable. It is a white plastic

    IMG_3363.jpg

  2. Some kind of Molex connector? Maybe some profile photos and face on might give more insight? You might be able to contact customer support at molex.

  3. Thanks Chris. I will start there.

    For some reason I could only upload one picture

     

    ian

  4. Look for any tiny markings or writing molded into the connector. I used to work for Molex, and all our connectors had the part number molded into them, but it can be REALLY tiny.

  5. Lewis

     

    Great tip

     

    Thanks so much:)

  6. Lewis

    I actually looked at it with a dissecting microscope.. no joy. I am guessing it is NOT Molex, perhaps something European.

    The only marking on it was an L which seems to indicate the side and a 6 indicating the number of pins. 

    I will pick Pavels brains at UW Technics, since it mates with a connector on his TTL board.

    ian

  7. On 9/28/2019 at 6:37 PM, ianmarsh said:

    Lewis

    I actually looked at it with a dissecting microscope.. no joy. I am guessing it is NOT Molex, perhaps something European.

    The only marking on it was an L which seems to indicate the side and a 6 indicating the number of pins. 

    I will pick Pavels brains at UW Technics, since it mates with a connector on his TTL board.

    ian

    Likely that's a Pin 1 and Pin 6 identifier, which is common. 

    If the mating connector is just a strip of pins, you may be able to measure their pin size and pitch, and find a compatible connector/terminal setup.

  8. Thanks guys!!

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.