Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite DL-Sony a7RIII 90 mm Macro and 16-35 f/4

Started by davec13o2 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite DL-Sony a7RIII 90 mm Macro and 16-35 f/4

4 posts
  1. Does anyone have the Ikelite DL case for Sony a7RIII, using the flat 90 mm macro port?  Does the same port fit the 16-35 mm f/4 zoom?

    Thanks for any information

  2. Even if it fits physically, shooting 16mm through flat glass underwater will produce extreme distortion. 

  3. Yes, I thought as much;  but I just finished polishing an acrylic dome and don't look forward to shooting again with one.  They seem to scratch if you just look at them the wrong way.  Going with the Nauticam/glass dome approach is too expensive.   

  4. I have tested various lenses in different Meikon ports, including Sony 10-18mm (15-27mm equivalent) behind a flat port; you can see here how bad it gets. There is no avoiding a dome if you want to shoot wide-angle - just gotta be careful. I always keep the neoprene cover on my dome until after I've descended and equalized, and put it back on at safety stop.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.