Hello, Scotzh:
I too service my own equipment, saves a lot of time and money, you are right. I serviced the D800 Sea&Sea housing of a friend, it was very easy. I recall the buttons are retained by E clips. They are removed by prying them with a small screw driver, replaced by holdng them in place with silicon grease, and clamped in with needle nose pliers. It is important to photo and make notes of everything first to guide you. Work on a nappy towel so things don't run away.
Cleaning is simple, use a rag and silicon grease. Inspect all O rings closely, replace any defective ones.
To replace O rings, measure them with a caliper, as O-ring dimensions are defined by the cross section (CS) and the inside diameter (ID). I use the O Ring Store, they give excellent service, most reasonable prices.
https://www.theoringstore.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=368_12
For vacuum checking, it is a real good idea to buy a vacuum leak detector. I use the Vivid Sentinel Vacuum Leak Detector, V5, works like a charm. Bluewater Photo https://www.bluewaterphotostore.com/ or
Vivid sells it, https://www.vividhousings.com/leak-sentinel.php. I highly recommend it as it has saved me from flooding my camera several times.
About replacing springs, etc. usually the little parts are intact and can be reused.
Another thought: Is there a dive club or better an underwater photo club near you? It is a real good idea to join one and attend regularly, lovely people and useful information.
==