Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

How much do you pay for website hosting? Let's compare services and prices...

Started by haring ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

How much do you pay for website hosting? Let's compare services and prices...

5 posts
  1. I have 3 domain, 3 websites under my hosting plan. I pay 25.99/month at Bluehost. It is $311 for a year.

    How much do you guys pay for hosting?

    Thanks so much!
    http://www.haringphotography.com

  2. I'm hosted on Lunarpages, I think mine is like $6 per month with more than enough capacity.  unless you develop a big online presence it should be fine for most personal websites.

  3. Since I am an "IT Professional" and happen to already have a fixed IP address and a bunch of servers running at home, I just tasked one of my Linux servers to hold my personal web pages.  So for me it's free, though I of course had to buy the equipment, build and maintain the server(s) and pay for a business-class cable modem connection.

    Nice thing is, virtually unlimited storage.   I run out of space?   Add a new disk drive!

    Phxaxcraig

  4. I use A2 Hosting for several domains.  As I recall, it is $9.99 per month.

  5. Finding this thread is awesome timing.  I am an amateur photographer and I am just starting to break into UW photography.  I am looking for a website ( I already bought my domain name (I think I have the terminology right)) to host my photos.  I would love to be able to show off my photos to friends and family as well as document my underwater adventures for personal stuff but I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to website stuff.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.