Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

What is this? Coral?

Started by phxazcraig ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

What is this? Coral?

3 posts
  1. I took this last month in Roatan.  It looks like it might be some Fire Coral?   Not sure if it is some kind of sponge, but I've not seen anything like it in my species books.

    Sorry I can't tell you the size of this.  I've forgotten. 

    190927-113542-9-D850.jpg

  2. Branching Anemone  Lebrunia danae  pg 41 Reef Creature Identification Book, 3rd Edition, Florida, Bahamas, Caribbean.

    We see this some what frequently diving Grand Cayman as well.

  3. Thanks.   Seen a lot of branching anemone but they didn't look like this.  I assume there are multiple anemones clustered together here?

    CJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.