Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

“Fishbowl” mega domes

Started by Matt Sea ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

“Fishbowl” mega domes

7 posts
  1. Hadn’t seen a thread on this topic, and I recently acquired a 12” version. Haven’t had the opportunity to take it out yet, but was wondering if other users had any general or specific tips for use?

    cheers, M

  2. Hi Matt

    do you have the site of the maker of that equipment?

    thanks

  3. Yes, mattysmithphoto dot com. No affiliation. 

    M

    Edited by Matt Sea — Spelling error
  4. I believe this dome is NOT real underwater use? (Correct me if I am wrong)

    It is designed specifically for over/under split shots, which is for shallow water.

    Sam

     

  5. 29 minutes ago, shchae said:

    I believe this dome is NOT real underwater use? (Correct me if I am wrong)

    It is designed specifically for over/under split shots, which is for shallow water.

    Sam

     

    Correct.

  6. What are the main main differences between a 12 inch and a 16.8 inch dome port, in terms of optical performance?

    Regards 

    Marcelo  

  7. Good question. Perhaps folks with some experience using both might know. You can read some FAQs on the maker’s website...

    M

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.