Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

a6xxx lenses for Palau?

Started by CZS ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

a6xxx lenses for Palau?

1 posts
  1. I have a trip to Palau coming up at the end of January on board the Siren and am planning on purchasing a new a6600 (or a6400) prior to the trip.  What lenses should I be looking at specifically for this trip?  I'm considering any/all of the following:

    1) Tokina 10-17mm

    2) Sony 10-18mm

    3) Sony 90mm 

    4) Sony 16-50mm + WWL-1 and/or diopter

    Any other suggestions?  I love the flexibility of the 16-50 with WWL, but could I be equally well served with just the Tokina and the macro lens?  Would the 10-18mm rectilinear be a better fit than the fisheye Tokina? 

    I'd like to keep the gear to a relative minimum, so ideally not more than two lenses if possible.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.