I think this is a simple answer...if you switch from the D850 to any of the current mirrorless cameras, you will find the AF frustrating.
I know I keep banging on about this, but the single most important feature of any image is focus. Unless it is deliberately (creatively) blurred, out of focus images go n the delete category! Images that have noise, exposure issues, are badly framed or practically any other issue can be fixed to some extent in post. If they are out of focus, they cannot...
Given that we mostly use autofocus underwater, this makes the speed and accuracy of autofocus the single most important feature on any new camera.
The AF on the D500, D850 and D5 is a generation ahead of any other any other system. The AF on the Z series (with the ZTF adaptor) is like going back to using a D7000. I understand that the Sony's is similar in performance, but do have native macro lenses which helps.
Of course, any camera is capable of producing stunning images. Performance just makes it easier to do so
Adam