Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam 8.5" Acrylic dome port (18802) opening diameter

Started by Bevanj ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam 8.5" Acrylic dome port (18802) opening diameter

3 posts
  1. Hi All, 

    Have any of you got the forementioned dome port handy and a set of veriners (or a ruler at a push)? 

    I've just scored a Sigma 12-24mm F4 on the cheap in hope that it will fit. However, I don't have my port handy. 

    Unlike most of their other ports, Nauticam don't seem to have the opening diameter listed for this port. Hopefully it'll fit. The lens is 102mm in diameter. 

    If anyone could check the port opening diameter, it would be much appreciated. 

    Bevan 

  2. Hi Bevan,

    Great lens!

    Unfortunately the Nauticam port opening is only 98 mm! It would also need an Extension tube for the optics to work? 

    I think it would probably need a custom port? I did make one a while ago, for someone, EXTRA large! 450 mm diam. with adaptor to take 170 mm filters for Half/half shots!

    Should be possible to make a more 'normal' diam. if of interest? (without the filter adaptor!)

    Pete

    PS I think it would need the lens to be fitted through the front, with the adaptor in place, before fitting the Dome.

    Edited by Salty
  3. Bugger. 

    All the newer ports with larger port openings are expensive enough that I'd be tempted to buy a WACP rather than a new port.

    Still, given I paid ~500USD for the lens, it's no real loss to me. 

    Bevan 

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.