Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

First attempt at supermacro - whip coral shrimp

Started by pooley ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

First attempt at supermacro - whip coral shrimp

7 posts
  1. Bought a Nauticam housing for a Nikon D500 off here and got a new Nauticam SMC-1 to go with it. This is a result from the first trip away with it - all crit welcomed and appreciated

    Mike

    edit - looks a lot better at full size

     

    whip-coral-shrimp-blue-BG-1600.jpg

    Edited by pooley
  2. Nice pic, Pooley

    I like the darkish blue - rather than the usual black - background. That. for me, works nicely wit the colouring of the shrimp.

  3. Looks pretty good.  How much cropping?   I shoot these critters with a 105vr on a D850 and have to crop pretty much 100% to get a result you can see.

  4.   very nice picture, the blue background is nice

     

     

     

    Edited by Sue — Did not say i liked background before
  5. On 10/24/2019 at 12:58 PM, TimG said:

    Nice pic, Pooley

    I like the darkish blue - rather than the usual black - background. That. for me, works nicely wit the colouring of the shrimp.

     

    Thanks Tim, never gone this low for a shutter speed before to get a blue BG, an eye opener to see what can be done with a static subject. Cheers for your help choosing the D500, I'm happy with its first outing

     

    Mike

  6. 20 hours ago, phxazcraig said:

    Looks pretty good.  How much cropping?   I shoot these critters with a 105vr on a D850 and have to crop pretty much 100% to get a result you can see.

    Thanks pal, its on a D500, 105vr and the nauticam SMC-1, so I had the crop factor in my favour this time compared to the D850, but with the SMC its over 90% of the original frame

     

    Mike

  7. 9 minutes ago, pooley said:

     

    Thanks Tim, never gone this low for a shutter speed before to get a blue BG, an eye opener to see what can be done with a static subject. Cheers for your help choosing the D500, I'm happy with its first outing

     

    Mike

    Good to hear! May you get many top pics!
     

     

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.