Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikonos Flash adapter

Started by Marc Furth ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikonos Flash adapter

4 posts
  1. I still have a couple of the older Nikonos SB-400 flashes. I was wondering if is possible to  flash trigger it with some type of fiber optic adapter for manual mode only ?

  2. Not simply!

    I don't know of an opto-electrical convertor that will work on strobes with a Nikonos fitting. Ikelite do one for their DS strobes, but the strobe-side fitting is their proprietary plug. 

    There are lots that work on the camera output, but these will not help. 

  3. On 10/23/2019 at 7:26 AM, adamhanlon said:

    Not simply!

    I don't know of an opto-electrical convertor that will work on strobes with a Nikonos fitting. Ikelite do one for their DS strobes, but the strobe-side fitting is their proprietary plug. 

    There are lots that work on the camera output, but these will not help. 

    I know Ikelite used to sell various Ikelite-to-Nikonos sync cables. Worth a check.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.