Hi,
I'm a new full-frame D850 user. I find that at the wide zoom position, the Tokina 10-17 seems to see its hood. Does anyone know of a fix for this? I've set the camera to DX mode and tried with AutoDX enabled as well.
Thanks!
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by Neptune63 ·
Read-only discussion
Hi,
I'm a new full-frame D850 user. I find that at the wide zoom position, the Tokina 10-17 seems to see its hood. Does anyone know of a fix for this? I've set the camera to DX mode and tried with AutoDX enabled as well.
Thanks!
You can cut off the hood. I have seen on the Tokina website that they sell this a version of this same lens with no hood for FX cameras. People have successfully cut it off themselves with a dremell tool. Alternatively if you zoom out a bit to 12-13mm it should no longer vignette on FX.
You are choking a marvelous camera by using a poor lens for it. You should sell it and buy the Sigma 15FE. Overall the costs to swap them out are very low, maybe $250 or so.
The 10-17 is not an FX lens, it will vignette and does not resolve anywhere near enough resolution for the D850, even in DX mode.
I agree with Jack! Or the Nikkor 8-15.
I had this issue with my D800 as well. Swapped to Nikon 8-15 and its gone, plus that lens is alot sharper.
Thanks everyone! I guess it's time for a new lens! How do you feel about the Nikon 8 - 15, given its cost?
Thanks!
I’m using the 8-15 with a D500. It’s excellent!
I’m not entirely sure about the 8mm end - even on FX. Its a curious effect. But about 11mm to 15mm is highly useable and very sharp on both FX and DX.
Thanks, Tim!
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.