Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Going deeper......

Started by woodstock ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Going deeper......

4 posts
  1. Going deeper......

    Hi everybody

    I am about to take of for Egypt to go diving for the first time. I have been snorkling in Thailand and Egypt before but this time I´m going deeper. (about 60-70 feet)

    I would like to bring my sony 828 underwater but the housing by ikelite and other "real" housings are a bit to expensive for me. It´s my first divetour so I not ready to throw down a lot of mony on housing yet.

    I heard about the Ewa Marine housing bags. They claim that their model D-AX will house the 828, and that it can stand the pressure at 90 feet, but has anyone actually tried the bags for other use than bad weather and snorkling. OR even better is there an alternative to the Ewa Marine bag that stays in the same pricerange (200-350$).

     

    Woodstock :wink:

  2. Lets start from the end, there is no other options as I know in the price range of 350$, there are housing in that price range to others cameras but not to the 828.

    I personally won't enter my camera to a plastic bag (maybe only if I had a very good insurance :) )

    Another point, I don't think its a good idea to start shooting u/w for someone that its is first dives, I think its better to get some experience before trying to deal with the photo equipments u/w.

    Sorry for the negetives answers.

  3. Alto is right. You really need enough experience to be totally comfortable, underwater. I wouldn't even consider bringing a camera down, on the first 20 dives or more.

     

    And also right about the ewa marine bag. Do a search in these forums, and you'll find horror stories, and few good comments.

     

    Don

  4. Thanks.......

    Thanks for your answers. I guess I already knew the claims on the Ewa Marine was to good to be true.

    I´ll just have to wait a while before I capture the mystic of the deep sea on my digicam.

    ..................and then again, I might go snorkling as well at Sharm el Naga now that I am in egypt. Wouldn´t the bag perform good enough on low water. 15-20 feet.

    Where do I find some user reviews of the bag for snorkling purpose.

    Thanks again........

    Woodstock :wink:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.