Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Hi interested in buying Sony na-A7ii or Panasonic gh5 housing

Started by Eransalah ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Hi interested in buying Sony na-A7ii or Panasonic gh5 housing

6 posts
  1. Hi interested in buying Sony na-A7ii or Panasonic gh5 Nauticam housing only in clean and good condition 

  2. Word of advice from me, do not buy housing for a7ii camera, the battey will only last you 1 dive and you will have to open housing and replace the battery.  Upgrade to version III or IV, trust me it will be worth it

  3. On 11/2/2019 at 6:22 PM, Eransalah said:

    Hi interested in buying

    On 11/2/2019 at 6:22 PM, Eransalah said:

    Hi interested in buying Panasonic gh5 Nauticam housing only in clean and good condition 

     Panasonic gh5 Nauticam housing only in clean and good condition 

     

  4. While versions III and IV do use a new battery that lasts longer, I think saying that A7II series cameras are only good for one dive is an exaggeration, unless you are using very old and weak batteries. I've been diving with A7II for 4 years now and haven't once got close to exhausting the battery during typical 2 tanks dives. Clearly the III and iV series are better cameras, but I wouldn't write off the II series just yet.

    Good luck!

    Edited by mt-m
  5. Moray, I have been shooting with a7ii, a7rii for several years and my dives are usually between 60-80 minutes each, if I don't do deep dives.  I take lots of photos while I dive so my experience is a7ii and a7rii will only last 1 dive, maybe 1 and a half.  Hence my feedback and although I acknowledge that each diver's experience might be different due to length of an average dive and number of shoots taken I would not call my feedback an exaggeration.  In all honesty I would not recommend a7ii or a7rii for scuba to anybody.  As for a7r iii, this camera underwater is pretty amazing and battery life a lot better, see my photos taken with a7r iii at https://www.alekmiko.com/underwater-photography

    Regards

  6. Thank you kelamik Amazing pictures

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.