Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Scuba Diving in Roatán, Honduras - July 2019 (4K)

Started by EvilOtter ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Scuba Diving in Roatán, Honduras - July 2019 (4K)

4 posts
  1. In July 2019, we spent two glorious weeks in Roatán with no kids, diving the South Side with Barefoot Divers, the East End with Dive Pangea and the West End with Jackson's Dive Centre. We logged 15 dives at a variety of sites that included Tortuga, Calvin's Crack, Coco View Wall, Labyrinth, Dolphin's Den, Jumping Jack, Divemaster's Choice and the Barefoot Palapa, among others.

    We also enjoyed a dive at our very own site, named D2T after the divers in our family (Doug, Deb and Téa). The site is halfway between Lita's Hole and Shark Bait Shallow at the entrance to the Mahoghany Bay inside channel. All underwater video was shot on a Panasonic DMC-LX100 in an Ikelite housing and all topwater video was shot on a GoPro Hero 7 Black. 

     

     

  2. Very nice, I recognize some of those spots.  You found more nudibranchs than I normally see, so I guess that I am going to have to look closer.  We just bought our airline tickets for our next trip back to Roatan, and I can't wait.

  3. Thanks SwiftFF5! I spent a few days on dedicated critter crawls so I got more macro footage than usual. I did a couple of dives with Rino Jackson at Jackson’s Diver Center and he found a ton of stuff that I had never seen before. I also did some solo diving in Brick Bay and found a lot of interesting critters on broken sea fans and other detritus. We are booked to return in early January and early March. Hope you have a great trip!

  4. Thanks, 'll be there in mid-February - hope you have great trips as well.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.