Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Autofocus issue - Sony RX100VA

Started by WK's Gone Diving ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Autofocus issue - Sony RX100VA

5 posts
  1. Hi everyone,

    I'm using a Sony RX100VA set to autofocus in aperture priority at f5.6, and have issues with the video going out of focus whilst the camera hunts for focus. An example can be seen in the following short 23 second clip where the camera goes in and out of focus 7 or 8 times rendering the clip next to useless. I would appreciate your insights on settings to use. Thanks

     

    Autofocus issue

     

  2. If you have a wet wide angle lens set the focus at beginning with your on something at 1 meter and then switch to manual
    Also at f/5.6 the scene will be fairly dark this is only a 1” sensor you can let the camera go wider


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. 4 hours ago, Interceptor121 said:

    If you have a wet wide angle lens set the focus at beginning with your on something at 1 meter and then switch to manual
    Also at f/5.6 the scene will be fairly dark this is only a 1” sensor you can let the camera go wider


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Thanks. I'll give manual focus a try.

    I'm looking to get a camera with a bigger sensor and am awaiting the GH6. I'll experiment with a wider lens then.

  4. Thanks. I'll give manual focus a try.
    I'm looking to get a camera with a bigger sensor and am awaiting the GH6. I'll experiment with a wider lens then.

    The manual focus only works with wet lens that shortens the focal length
    Without it you will just have blur
    The GH6 if it comes out next year wont be a game changer Panasonic has committed to 8K by 2022 and the Lumix G already got a significant firmware update suggesting new products are not coming too soon


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. On 11/13/2019 at 2:45 PM, Interceptor121 said:


    The manual focus only works with wet lens that shortens the focal length
    Without it you will just have blur
    The GH6 if it comes out next year wont be a game changer Panasonic has committed to 8K by 2022 and the Lumix G already got a significant firmware update suggesting new products are not coming too soon


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Thanks. I'll have a little think. May go the way of GH5.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.