Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

PS CS Resolution

Started by The Hamburger ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

PS CS Resolution

3 posts
  1. PS CS Resolution

    I may just be stupid but how do you make an image a specific size and specific resolution (dpi)

     

    Ok I know how to resize its the res bit I am having trouble with.

     

    Thanks

  2. Image/Image size (or ALT+I, I)

     

    A window will open up.

     

    There will be two squares in the window: One labled pixel dimensions, the other Document size. At the very bottom of the window will be a check box labeled resample image.

     

    If resample image is not checked the you wont be able to change the top box-pixel dimensions. So If you want to change resolution to 300dpi just enter 300 in the resolution box. Since the total number of pixels is fixed, the horizontal and vertical dimensions will change accordingly.

     

    If resample image is checked you can change the total number of pixels. So now if you wanted the resolution 300dpi but still want control of the dimension in inches as well. In the Document size box. Enter 300 In the resolution and you will see the total number of pixels change. Enter the dimensions you want for length and and width and again you will see the total number of pixels change.

     

    If you want to post on the internet it doesnt matter the resolution or dimension in inches, all that matter are the total number of pixels. Check the resample image. In the Pixel dimension box enter the dimensions you want. Typical would be something like 600x400.

  3. Thanks.

     

    I was asking after reading the BTS comp rules 1,500 pixels @ 72 dpi

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.