Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Seceral Cardinalfish from the Solomon Islands

Started by chowe ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Seceral Cardinalfish from the Solomon Islands

5 posts
  1. I really struck out with these, hoping someone knows a few a least. 

    _MG_0696.CR2.jpg

    _MG_1077.CR2.jpg

    _MG_1645.CR2.jpg

    _MG_1951.CR2.jpg

    _MG_2036.CR2.jpg

    _MG_2069.CR2.jpg

    _MG_9751.CR2.jpg

  2. Thanks for the link.  It is a nice reference to have on the computer.  I don't see one of my fish in it though.

  3. 1st pic looks like a younger Chedtlopterus ..

    3rd Pic looks like Bleekers Cardinalfish ( pg 44) 

    I would go back and look at the Ostorhinchus family for the rest

    They do look different before they are mature

  4. 3rd Pic looks like Bleekers Cardinalfish ( pg 44) 

    I did look at this possibility when I went through the book, but rejected it because the description says "Transparent Yellowish Grey", and "yellowish on mouth".  Mine is not transparent and is pink with fine black speckling on the sides and I see no yellow around the mouth or really anywhere on it.

    Thanks,

    Craig

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.