Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Something from Dumaguete

Started by Tony F ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Something from Dumaguete

6 posts
  1. This was found on a blade of sea grass south of Dumaguete. Anybody know what it is?

    what_am_i.jpg

  2. Believe it's probably a Tunicate of some sort.

  3. You're probably right. At least that steers me in the right direction, so I can do some more research. Thanks.

  4. Hey Tony,

    How about a Green Gumdrop Ascidian?  Your picture is fantastic compared to those I found online if it is.

    living-shores-of-singapore-apr-2013-47-638.jpg

    050309smkg3139m3.jpg

  5. It seems to be the consensus that it's some sort of sea squirt/tunicate. Kind of pretty, though. I thought it was some type of nudi when I first took the picture.

  6. Looked like a nudi to me too.  Sometimes they turn out to be...sometimes not, but its fun snapping little teeny things and trying to figure it out!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.