Hi! For those who may remember earlier threads: yeah, this is me once again discovering a potential uw system candidate, yet I never seem to buy anything.
Balking in front of the expense, size and weight of a full frame system, an m4/3 system seems a reasonable compromise. But what about the APS-C alternatives? I think the Fuji X-H1 looks very attractive. I know there is no native fisheye, so if that's important to you Fuji is out. But hear me out on the rest:
* Camera and housing (Nauticam) noticeably cheaper than X-T3. Remember, this is a compromise.
* I get IBIS and don't lose that much to the X-T3. The housing is actually significantly lighter.
* Paired with the 15-45 lens (cheap, light, quite good) I can use the WWL-1, which does pretty much the same job as the WACP-1 but at a fraction of the cost and weight.
* There is native macro. (It would be cool to be able to use a CMC lens on the 15-45 but I don't know if that's possible.)
* 1/250 s flash sync (looking at you, Sony APS-C)
So yeah, I lose one stop compared to a full frame system and there's no native fisheye. Size, weight, price much lower, even if stuff like strobes will still cost the same.
Is there a serious gotcha I missed?