Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Which first - strobe or WAL?

Started by islandman ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Which first - strobe or WAL?

6 posts
  1. Which first - strobe or WAL?

    I have an Olympus 5050 with a PT-015 housing. I'm considering getting a wide angle lens for it, but wonder if I should get an external strobe for it first. Will the WAL be functional with the on-board strobe or should I wait to buy that after I get a strobe?

  2. Strobe. Subject possiblities are very limited for WAL without a strobe.

  3. agree 100% with herb ( for the millionth time : )).

     

    Also, you would most likely be limited to strictly ambient light due to the size of a Wide Angle Conversion Lens (it's size would likely block much of the light emitted by the onboard flash, creating shadows from the lens).

  4. Actually, just a thought in the opposite direction:

     

    It depends what you want to take shots of and where you are going to take them. If yu want shots of divers and will be in shallow blue waters, then the WAL might be better.

     

    Otherwise, I agree with the other posters. Be oprepared for tears and tantrums though!

     

    HTH

    Steve

  5. I agree with Herb. I would go for a powerful strobe first. Then think about the WAL.

  6. Strobe.....no question in my mind

     

    Karl

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.